Get involved with PowerBridgeNY
There are several ways to engage with PowerBridgeNY teams. Below are overviews of a few of our most common options. If you think you would be a fit for one of the roles described below, please email email@example.com with a bio or resume and some additional information on your skills, background, and interests. We look forward to working with you!
- Paired with 1 specific company
- Regular meetings with company (weekly or bi-weekly)
- Paired during application process & beyond
- During the application process PBNY runs an 8-week long I-Corps style bootcamp. During the bootcamp, a mentor is a crucial part of the team to advise the team on strategy and help the team to make connections for customer interviews.
- After teams are awarded, mentors may be asked to continue working with teams to regularly offer advice, review milestones and help the team to make connections.
- Throughout the awardee process, periodic reviews are organized to assess the progress of awardees to date. Mentors may be asked to participate in review sessions to provide insight into the progress of a team
- Approximately 5 hrs / month commitment (during the bootcamp, the commitment will be slightly higher)
- Usually a generalist with business expertise
- Meets with teams as needed for one-off conversations and guidance
- Often a specialist with a particular set of skills (lawyer, accountant, investor, etc.) or insight into a particular industry
- No set time commitment, can fluctuate as needed
- May be asked to participate in review sessions to assess a team’s progress to date
- May be invited to give presentations or workshops to a group of teams on a particular topic (public speaking, sales strategy, incorporation, PR, design for manufacturing, etc.)
- Offers a specialized service to startups (generally takes on larger engagements than advisors)
- PBNY may help subsidize the cost of a project within a particular scope of work
- Examples include: graphic design, legal assistance, grant writing assistance, etc.
- May be invited to give presentations or workshops to a group of teams on a particular topic (public speaking, business development, incorporation, PR, design for manufacturing, etc.)
Host a Pilot:
Many PBNY teams are ready to test their technologies in the field. If you are interested in piloting new cleantech innovations at your workplace, or even your home, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.